14.2.08

I'm a Girl Scout Dammit!!!

So, I today, while walking around Walmart, I realized something about myself. I carry way too much stuff about my person. As I browsed the aisles, searching for trash bags, I attracted many suspicious looks from the vest-clad staff. Eventually, one overzealous, pockmarked boy took to following me around the store. After becoming sufficiently creeped out, I turned around and asked him to clarify the reason why he was so fascinated with the back of my head.

"We have to, um, *mumble mumble* make sure that you aren't trying to shoplift" he said, staring firmly at his shoes.

Glancing down I realized that I was a prime suspect for shoplifting. Besides my bulky coat, and sweatshirt, I was laden down with a book bag, and an extremely large tote bag, both chock full of equally bulky items.


So, when I got home, I decided to take inventory on what exactly I needed the two bags for.

Here's the run down:

Purse:


Ipod, cell phone, bottled water, Utopia [paperback], Anna Karenina [hardback], make-up bag [containing powder, powder brush, eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara, blush, lipgloss, and double mirror] perfume, hairbrush, hallbook, straightening serum, lotion, 2 pens, mechanical pencil, 3 charcoal pencils, putty eraser, 18 finepoint color sharpies, a deck of playing cards, a deck of tarot cards, pack of index cards, 1/2 eaten pack of gum, 3 colors of nail polish, hip flask, lighter, cigarettes, a can of neon spray paint, a purple bandanna, guitar tuner, 3 guitar picks, nail file, pencil sharpener, peppermint oil, wallet, checkbook, sunglasses, and 6 safety pins of various sizes.


Bookbag:


Chem. book and binder, math book and binder, creative writing journal, sketchbook, siddharta, the portable oscar wilde, The only astrology book you'll ever need, 3 unused book covers, one fortune teller, pair of gym shorts, sneakers, Stats book, empty water bottle, and my knitting....



So really, what does that say about me as a person? That I'm obviously as indecisive and am over prepared? Or that I'm destined to look like a hobo bag lady the rest of my life? For as much editing as I tried to do, the only thing I managed to remove were the safety pins, the paper fortune teller, and the book covers.

No comments: